Each year, the writers at technology and business magazines identify those gadgets which are on the cutting-edge. These are the tech tools that can perhaps change our lives. Of course, no one can predict with any certainty which gadgets will become mainstays and which will go the way of the laser disc. But the editors at Inc. Magazine recently took a shot at forecasting the latest technology that may change our world. Here are some of their picks:
The V-MODA VAMP acts as an amplifier for the iPhone 4 or 4S. It adds volume and quality to the sound that these devices can generate. One of the benefits about this is that in addition to boosting the sound the iPhone can produce, it also extends the battery life as it provides a back-up battery.
The Alice Receptionist is a video-based virtual receptionist that can alter the way you staff your office. The Alice Receptionist uses a sensor to identify when guests arrive to your workplace. These guests can then tap a touchscreen to make contact with your employees or chat with them through video or voice services. Best of all, this virtual receptionist is simple for businesses to master.
Microsoft has created what they are calling SmartGlass. Though this product is not out yet, it has produced quite a stir. With it it is possible to turn your tablet or smartphone into a controller for your HDTV. This allows you to use your device to control games, music, and videos on your TV.
There is no telling if these technologies will have the anticipated impact. But from the quantity of media attention and press they have received the outlook is good.
The Guide to VoIP by Fusion Technology Solutions LLC
About Fusion Technology Solutions LLCWe are the premier technology providers in Northern California, and serve clients through out the western region. We have many products and services that fit the needs of small and medium businesses. Our response and service are unequalled in the area, giving our clients peace of mind knowing that we are there for them
- 05/23/2013 Living Social password breach should change your bad online habits
- 05/22/2013 Guilty of these bad tech habits?
- 05/14/2013 Hackers love the iPhone
- 05/09/2013 Think all LCD monitors are the same? Think again
- 05/08/2013 How much protection does your phone’s passcode really provide?
- 05/02/2013 Don’t strain your eyes while at work
- 05/01/2013 You can easily share your screen with iOS
- 04/25/2013 You can protect your privacy
- 04/24/2013 Why did Google Reader have to die?
- 04/16/2013 Stop hackers with two-factor authentication